Much like the rest of Aotearoa, there is much more to National Park and the Central Plateau than originally meets the eye. After you are done with the Tongariro Crossing or skiing how about:
- Mountain Biking, some of the popular tracks are:
- 42 Traverse
- Fishers Track
- Old Coach Road
- Fishing, New Zealand is renown for fishing and fly fishing for trout in the Central Plateau is one of the reasons why. Be sure to follow the rules.
- Tramping/Walking, so many walks to choose from, starting from a 20 minute stroll up to multi-day hikes. Speak to Thomas or Tracey for advice.
- Get wet!
- Vehicle Adventures, if you are not so keen on powering yourself, consider a 4WD or quad bike journey through some of the stunning scenery. Perhaps take the long way here, or to your next destination, and drive the unforgettable Forgotten Highway.
- Dining, after all that you're going to be hungry. Don't let the sleepy image of National Park Village fool you, you can eat well here.